H’s Famous Peanut Soup
Holidays are stressful and it is wonderful to have simple recipes that you can whip up from pantry items that impress and warm a cold belly! This recipe also takes me back to the jungles of Belize where a resort chef introduced me to it. Part of this recipe's appeal is that you have to pretend you labored over it! I highly recommend that you make only enough for the day you are serving. It just does not keep well.
- 1 16 oz. can of chicken broth or equivalent chicken bullion
- 2 Tbsp. chunky peanut butter
- Tabasco, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce or other hot sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar (optional)
- 1 green onion or scallion
- Sauté peanut butter in appropriate sized sauce pan until becomes very soft.
- Whisk in chicken broth and add hot sauce to taste.
- Get mixture hot but do not boil.
- Can make ahead and reheat. Garnish with green onion.
Makes 2 servings, multiply for more
Back to holiday recipes.