Tapping over 40 years of experience and a deep passion for parking, David is responsible for the design of over 400 parking projects for the firm ranging from complex podium parking solutions with towers above to stand-alone office campus or mixed-use solutions. He has contributed to the new edition of The Dimensions of Parking and has both written and spoken on designing efficient parking, parking automation and parking technologies.
As Chair of the Parking Consultant's Council Automated Committee, David is a recognized expert in automated parking solutions and leads Watry Design's automated parking projects. From mechanical parking solutions to semi and fully automatic systems, he investigates the latest and best innovations the industry has to offer and applies them to his clients' projects.
“Mechanical and automated parking is a rapidly growing, rapidly changing industry with a great deal of complexity and nuance," says David. "Choosing the right solution requires careful study, expertise and innovative thinking. We make it our business to know which system is right for your project.”
- Chair of the Automated Parking Committee of the National Parking Association's Parking Consultants Council
- International Parking & Mobility Institute
- Urban Land Institute
- California Mobility & Parking Association
- Pescadero Municipal Advisory Committee, San Mateo County
- Design Build Institute of America
- Parksmart (formerly the Green Parking Council)
- US Green Building Council
- American Association of Airport Executives