Cranberry Jello Salad
Growing up in a small farming community in Illinois, Jello salads were one of the staples at many a holiday celebration, Church potlucks, birthdays, graduations, funerals, anniversaries...you get the picture! This Jello salad is dear to me because it reminds me of Christmas meals at the home of my grandmother and two aunts.
- 2 small packages of raspberry Jello
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce in a can
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 small oranges or 2 small cans of mandarin oranges - diced
- 1 chopped apple with skin on - optional
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - optional
- Dissolve raspberry jello packages in hot water.
- Add 1 can of whole cranberry sauce in a can and mix well till completely blended in.
- Add 1 cup of cold water.
- Let stand until the Jello is halfway set. You can put it in the refrigerator to help speed up the process if needed. Remember to check on it every so often so it doesn’t set up too much,
- Mix together diced oranges, chopped apple, crushed pineapple with juice and chopped walnuts, if desired
- Add to the halfway set Jello and cranberry mixture.
- Put it in your serving container and refrigerate to complete the setting process.
Back to holiday recipes.