Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc. is an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm that not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are currently seeking a part-time Accounts Payable Clerk with 2-3 years of experience to work in our San Jose office. This position will handle all operational accounts payable, including invoices, expense reports, and vendor statements. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail oriented, familiar with standard accounting procedures.
If your interest is piqued, send your resume and cover letter.
Accounts Payable Clerk Responsibilities
- Codes such items as vendor invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard accounting procedures to ensure it is properly processed into the accounting system.
- Verifies approval on all operational Accounts Payable.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies associated with the processing of invoices and vendor payment issues.
- Reconciles vendor statements
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Assists with the check run process
- Updates and maintains vendor information as required.
- Obtains and maintains current W-9 forms from vendors.
- Copies invoices, checks and all other necessary documents associated with Accounts Payable for Annual Review.
- Assists with maintaining accounts payable files.
- Assists with monthly and yearly accounting closings.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Accounts Payable Clerk Qualifications
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent credential or experience
- 2-3 years accounts payable experience
- Professional services experience a plus
- A/E/C industry experience a plus
Accounts Payable Clerk Skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous Ajera experience a big plus
- Analytically minded with strong organizational skills
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
Job Type: Part-time