Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc. is an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm that not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager with 7-10 years of experience to work in our San Jose office. This position will assist in managing and tracking financial processes and budgets. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
If your interest is piqued, send your resume and cover letter.
- Use financial modeling to simulate financial scenarios including keeping revenue projection updated and evaluating revenue scenarios, and present potential scenarios and outcomes to management team
- Develop the financial operating budget under direction of the CFO and work closely with business sector leaders to pull together the firm-wide budget for implementation and tracking; provide adequate supporting financial data and appropriate recommendations
- Assist CFO in the development and enhancement of appropriate systems for financial planning
- Assist CFO in the implementation and monitoring of the Financial Operating Plan
- Responsible for tracking and managing all leases, contracts and property records
- Manage the preparation and publication of organization financial documents including for our banking relationship
- Develop and recommend to the CFO financial plans, policies, procedures and practices for management control in attaining forecasted revenue and profit. Assure the communication and understanding of, and adherence to, financial operations policies and best practices
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the company
- Manage business insurance requirements and make recommendations to maintain or improve corporate insurability
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of funding strategies including managing the investment accounts and shareholder transactions
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles
- Manage the 401k program
- Monitor project financials for profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial management position
- Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills